The natural state. Our moods change. Our lives change. Our feelings for each other change. Our bearings change. The song changes. The air changes. The temperature of the shower changes.
Accept this. We must accept this.
The months leading up to August were nothing short of chaotic; a whirlwind of emotions, traveling and work, left me hanging on a very thin string. Then August rolls around and things magically change, pieces start to fall into place and I begin to feel a bit more grounded and settled. As I sit and enjoy this slowed and blissful state, I know it’s not permanent, but I appreciate it nonetheless. When life starts to pick up again, I hope to see it’s necessity and face it with a similar attention and appreciation. Whatever comes next, good, bad, or indifferent, what’s for certain, is that it won’t last forever…
I think I’m finally starting to accept that.
And so, the song changes. Here are a few of my favorites from my August mood to help you float through the day…
- Beach House – Space Song
- Mazzy Star – Fade Into You
- Nouvelle Vague – In A Manner of Speaking
- Chromatics – I’m On Fire (Cover)
- Cowboy Junkies – Sweet Jane
- Cat Power – The Greatest
- Radiohead – House of Cards
- Broken Social Scene – Sweetest Kill
- Thievery Corporation – Until the Morning
- Mazzy Star – Into Dust
- Cigarettes After Sex – Keep On Loving You (Cover)
- Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions – Drop
- Chromatics – Cherry
- Fleetwood Mac – Dreams
- Cat Power – Wonderwall (Cover)